What Bible verses to read when someone is dying?
Comforting bible verses for the dying and sick
- Philippians 4:19. And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.
- John 10:27-30. My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. …
- Deuteronomy 31:6. …
- Psalm 23:1-6. …
- Isaiah 41:10. …
- Joshua 1:9. …
- Isaiah 43:1-2. …
- Romans 8:31.
What is the Catholic prayer when someone is dying?
Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May their souls and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen. O Lord, your sorrowing Mother stood by your cross; help us in our sorrows to share your sufferings.
What do you say to someone that is terminally ill?
Do say – “It’s good to see you.” Let them know you have been thinking of them. At a loss for words – It’s OK to say, “Mary, I don’t know what to say or do, but I’m here and I care about you.” Listen – If the person talks about being anxious, listen quietly. Don’t try to change the subject or silence the person.
What is the last prayer before death?
God, we thank you that you never leave us, that you never forsake us, but you love us. We trust you, and pray this in your name. Amen.”
What to say to family of someone who is dying?
The Best Things to Say to Someone in Grief
- I am so sorry for your loss.
- I wish I had the right words, just know I care.
- I don’t know how you feel, but I am here to help in any way I can.
- You and your loved one will be in my thoughts and prayers.
- My favorite memory of your loved one is…
- I am always just a phone call away.
What Rosary do you pray when someone is dying?
Recite the Chaplet, for the Dead. This a special four decade Rosary. It begins with Psalm 130 and is composed of the Eternal Rest prayer and the phrase, “Sweet Heart of Mary, be my salvation,” in place of the Hail Marys.