What does God say about those who hurt you?
“God wants us, His people, to forgive those who hurt us. So many people ridiculed and hurt Jesus, but He forgave them,” says Kaci, 11. … Jesus promised that we would have trouble in this world.
Is it good to forgive someone who hurt you?
Forgiveness can even lead to feelings of understanding, empathy and compassion for the one who hurt you. Forgiveness doesn’t mean forgetting or excusing the harm done to you or making up with the person who caused the harm. Forgiveness brings a kind of peace that helps you go on with life.
Does God punish those who hurt others?
Originally Answered: Does God punish those who hurt others? No. There’s no God (if you ask me). However, people who hurt others are asking for enemies, and that’s not a very smart strategy for a comfortable or painfree life.
How do you forgive someone who has hurt you deeply?
Here are eight ways to work on that.
- Get mad, feel hurt and grieve. …
- Ask yourself whether your anger is constructive or destructive. …
- Don’t worry—you aren’t saying the offense was OK. …
- Practice stress-reduction techniques. …
- Remind yourself why you want this person in your life. …
- Set boundaries.
What God says about hurt feelings?
“Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: “And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another. …” (Eph. 4:31–32.)
What does the Bible say about overcoming hurt?
Psalm 34:18 The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. Jeremiah 17:14 Heal me, Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise. Matthew 7:7-8 Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
How do you not let someone hurt you?
Walk away if the other person is being intentionally hurtful.
- If you feel comfortable doing so, calmly say something like, “Stop doing that,” or “The way you’re acting is out of line. I’m leaving.”
- If you can’t just walk away, use your actions to show the other person you’re not willing to interact.