What are the 3 most dominant denominations of Christianity?
Christianity – 2.6 billion
- Catholicism – 1.345 billion.
- Protestantism – 900 million.
- Eastern Orthodoxy – 220 million.
- Oriental Orthodoxy – 62 million.
- Non-trinitarian Restorationism – 35 million.
What are the 3 doctrines of Christianity?
Its points include:
- Belief in God the Father, Jesus Christ as the Son of God, and the Holy Spirit.
- The death, descent into hell, resurrection and ascension of Christ.
- The holiness of the Church and the communion of saints.
- Christ’s second coming, the Day of Judgement and salvation of the faithful.
What are the 7 denominations of Christianity?
Compare major beliefs of seven different Christian denominations: Anglican / Episcopal, Assembly of God, Baptist, Lutheran, Methodist, Presbyterian, and Roman Catholic. Find out where these faith groups intersect and where they diverge or decide which denomination lines up most closely with your own beliefs.
What were three basic teachings of Jesus?
His three basic teachings included the need for justice, morality, and service to others.
What do Catholics believe?
Catholics share with other Christians a belief in the divinity of Jesus Christ, the son of God made man who came to earth to redeem humanity’s sins through His death and resurrection. They follow His teachings as set out in the New Testament and place their trust in God’s promise of eternal life with Him.
What are the three 3 major branches in Christianity quizlet?
Branches of Christianity
- Eastern Orthodox.
- Roman Catholic.